Unless you’re a trained addiction counselor, it’s hard to understand all the types of treatment that one could seek out to help with their unhealthy substance use or addiction.
Sometimes the best route is a Level of Care Assessment to obtain an unbiased, expert opinion on the best course of treatment.
I’m Jessica Joiner. As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and Licensed Addiction Counselor (LAC), I’m an expert in understanding mental health, substance use/misuse, and addiction in athletes (older teens, young adults, adults) as well as determining the best treatment options for their recovery.
What to expect from Level of Care Assessments:
- Level of Care Assessments provide standardized and industry-tested guidance to determine what may be the best treatment setting for someone experiencing inappropriate use of, or dependence on, drugs, alcohol, or other substances.
- Level of Care Assessments provide recommendations tailored to each individual’s situation, while honoring current research and time-tested knowledge of addiction treatment settings and outcomes.
- At the appointment the client will complete a computer administered, comprehensive assessment which is followed up by an extensive clinical interview with me.
- After all of the information has been evaluated, I’ll offer my written recommendations for the best Level of Treatment for the client. This comprehensive report can be shared with a care team or other providers, if approved by the client.
- I will be available to explain and talk through my recommendations with the client (and whomever else the client gives permission) so everyone can fully understand what the best treatment options are and why they were recommended.
- Regardless of who provided the referral, A signed release of information by the client will be required in order for me to communicate with anyone about the contents and the results of the assessment.
What are the next steps?
If you are interested in scheduling an assessment, the first step is setting up a phone consultation. On this call, I can learn more about your needs and answer any questions about the process.
Please reach out to me at (303) 895-0635 to ask questions or schedule an assessment.